The Streetscape Improvement Demonstration Project on Chain Bridge Road between Westmoreland Street and Cedar Avenue includes a landscaped median, brick pavers, updated lighting, and additional landscaping along the road.
Undergrounding Utilities Efforts are well underway to obtain the necessary easements that will permit the undergrounding of utilities at the intersection of Chain Bridge Road and Old Dominion Drive.
Bus Shelters and Benches
MRC has purchased and installed several distinctive bus shelters in the CBC, and has placed benches at a number of other CBC bus stops.
The McLean Revitalization Corporation (MRC) promotes the revitalization of the McLean Community Business Center (CBC). Revitalization involves joint efforts by residents, landowners, businesses, and civic organizations to enhance the CBC’s appearance, make it a more pedestrian friendly center of community activity, and increase its economic vitality.
- Improve the appearance and ambience of the CBC
- Foster community-oriented retail and entertainment opportunities, including enhanced pedestrian access and activity
- Improve traffic flow and safety
- Promote balanced land use
- Encourage creative private/public development partnerships
Board members. The Board meets the second Wednesday of each month.
Find maps and other related resources at the Fairfax County Revitalization site.